Light Up Night
The Light Up Night at the Giant Pumpkin Patch is another annual fund-raising event hosted by the American Medical Community Foundation.
Every year, the American Medical Community Foundation strives to expand the events we host and make each one more exciting and more enjoyable for the community.
100% of all funds collected from this event are donated to local charities.
Information about the event
November 19 and 20, 2011 4pm to 8pm
On Saturday November 19th and Sunday November 20st from 4:00pm to 8:00pm, the American Medical Community Foundation will be hosting the seventh annual Light Up Night at the Giant Pumpkin Patch, located at the corners of Summit and Alexander Avenues in Monessen.
Come join the fun as you walk through Monessen’s Own, “Winter Wonderland” and see as the Giant Pumpkin Patch lights up with Christmas spirit. The Light Up Night will feature an amazing array of family activities, entertainment, and refreshments. 100% of every dollar collected at the Giant Pumpkin Patch will be donated to local charities.
The Giant Pumpkin Patch will light up with your favorite Super Heroes, Star Wars and Disney Characters. Watch as they come to life with the glow of Christmas Lights.
This year’s attractions include but not limited to:
- The Living Nativity: Experience the true meaning of Christmas by Visiting the Living Nativity. See the story of Jesus’ birth come to life as the Wise Men visit the manger on real live camels.
- Take a ride on a Camel: You too can be like the Wise Men when you take a ride on a real Camel.
- Ride the Polar Express: The new and improved Polar Express will make a stop for the best adventure yet. Hear the conductor yell “All Aboard!” and take a ride around the Giant Pumpkin Patch neighborhood on the Polar Express. Receive your golden ticket and got your first Christmas present with the magical ride. After the ride, stop by the snack bar to enjoy the Famous P. Express Hot Chocolate.
- Meet Santa Claus and his live Reindeer: Santa will arrive with his live reindeer to meet children and pass out treat bags. We will also be available for pictures with kids, young and old, so you will be able to take home a memory of your visit.
- Take a Sleigh Ride drawn by Clydesdales Horses: On Sunday, the beautiful Clydesdale horses will take you through the Giant Pumpkin Patch neighborhood to view Christmas lights and holiday displays.
- Play Elf Games: Win amazing prizes by playing the many elf games located throughout the Giant Pumpkin Patch.
- Crafts for kids, Petting Zoo, visit the gingerbread village, and so much more.
It’s a Star Wars Christmas:
- See the laser light show in the Death Star
- Visit the Ice Planet Hoth: See the Wampa show creature and watch at the Imperial Walkers and Storm Troopers attack the Rebel base.
- Get you Picture Taken with Jabb the Hutt: The life sized Jabba the Hut will be available for you to get your picture taken with him
Delicious food and refreshments will be served by our special guest Chef Gyro George and Staff. Items include: hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken wings, fries, hot and cold drinks, and more. We will also have baked goods for sale.
There will be a shuttle service provided to and from the Giant Pumpkin Patch starting at 4:00 pm at the Mon Valley Health Center parking lot. Shuttle will run every 10 minutes.
For more information, please call (724) 684-4550, or email email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
2009 Light Up Night
On November 21 and 22, 2009, the Giant Pumpkin Patch held its annual Light Up Night. This year the event was a huge success.
There were people from all over who made the journey to the Light Up Night. Some of the areas that our visitors came from were: Uniontown, Green Tree, Pittsburgh, Penn Hills, Monroeville, Forest Hills, Charleroi, Belle Vernon, Monessen, New Stanton, Peters Township, Monongahela, Mount Lebanon, and more.
A special thanks to our sponsors and those who made the Light Up Night possible: The Salvation Army and their volunteers, Orchard Christian Center, Greater Works of Monessen volunteers, Chef Gyro George and staff, The Monessen Hilltop Fire Department, The Monessen Chamber of Commerce, Luti Advertising Company, Union Prescription Center, The Barn Yard Petting Zoo & Pony Rides, Mon Valley Relay-For-Life, Monessen Food Banks, Buzzy Bryon, The City of Monessen, Living Treasure, Tom & Sara Sickle, Chuck, Heather & Jason, Jim Dojonovic, Jeffery Schnitzler, Dillon, Mike, Shep, Chris, Larry & Grace Boyd, Rosalie Nicksich, Angela & Taylor DiBart, and everyone else that made our event possible.
And our biggest thanks goes to all the people that support our event by attending the Light Up Night. Our events are for you and your families. We thank you for showing up and supporting us and the community.
Light Up Night goers saw Monessen’s own, “Winter Wonderland” at the fifth annual, Light Up Night at the Giant Pumpkin Patch in Monessen, which was held on Saturday, November 21, 2009 and Sunday, November 22, 2009 starting at 4:00 p.m.
The Light Up Night at the Giant Pumpkin Patch was hosted by the American Medical Community Foundation, Inc. and featured an amazing array of family activities, entertainment, and refreshments. All proceeds from this event were donated to The Salvation Army Christmas fund.
The Giant Pumpkin Patch lit up with your favorite Super Heroes and Disney Characters coming to life with the glow of Christmas Lights. Festival goers saw the Spectacular Laser Light Show, as well as the amazing 50-foot festive Christmas Tree..
We have added new attractions to the festivities:
- Take a ride on a Clydesdale drawn sleigh. The beautiful Clydesdale horses will take you through the Giant Pumpkin Patch neighborhood to view Christmas lights and holiday displays.
- Elf Games. Win cool prizes by playing the many elf game located throughout the Giant Pumpkin Patch.
- Take a voyage on the Christmas Pirate Ship, as it sails through the Giant Pumpkin Patch neighborhood.
- Watch the Christmas Pirate Show. Set sail for Christmas adventures with Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, and Captain Hook as they search for their Christmas presents that were stolen by the Grinch! Watch them battle the Grinch to win back their presents!
- See the laser light show in the new “Pumpkin Arena”! Watch the Giant Pumpkin Patch dance with light during a beautiful laser light show which will take place in the newly constructed “Pumpkin Arena”.
- Visit the Uncharted Ice Planet of Hoth and watch as the Imperial Walkers and Storm Troopers attack the Rebel Base! See the Rebel Alliance fight bravely to keep the universe out of the clutches of the evil Emperor!
- And much more.
The new and improved Polar Express made a stop for the best adventure yet. Hear the conductor yell “All Aboard!” and take a ride around the Giant Pumpkin Patch neighborhood on the Polar Express! Riders received thier golden ticket and get thier first Christmas present with the magical ride. After the ride, everyone was able stop by the snack bar to enjoy the P. Express Famous Hot Chocolate.
Santa Claus arrived at 4:00 p.m., with his live Reindeer to meet the children and pass out treat bags. He was also be available for pictures with the kids – young and old – so everyone was able to take home a memory of thier visit.
Visitors also had the opportunity to walk through the new and improved “Frosty’s Winter Wonderland Adventure” to see the Northern Lights. They were able to make Christmas crafts at Santa’s Workshop, tour the giant pumpkin patch, visit the petting zoo, take a pony ride, enjoy the delicious refreshments, visit the gingerbread village, and much more.
Delicious refreshments were served by our special guests will be Chef Gyro George and staff. Refreshments included hamburgers, hot dogs, wing dings, baked goods, hot and cold drinks, and the famous (in Monessen) Pumpkin Patch home-made fries.
In addition, all guests had the opportunity to experience the true meaning of Christmas by visiting the Live Nativity. People young and old came to the manager and see the story of Jesus’ birth come to life as the Wise Men visit the manger on real live camels!